Liftopia Launches Free Ski and Snowboard App for iPhone® and iPod® touch
December 15, 2011
Liftopia, the largest online marketplace for discounted ski lift tickets and mountain activities, today announced the Liftopia Ski Reports, Snow Conditions and Ultimate Lift Ticket Deal Engine App for iPhone and iPod touch is now available in the App Store. The Liftopia app is skiing’s first multi-resort, location-based e-commerce app where skiers and snowboarders can browse and buy deals on lift tickets and other mountain activities in advance, and access the latest information on ski conditions and snow reports for ski areas around the world.
Skiers and snowboarders simply launch the Liftopia app to instantly view nearby lift ticket deals, based on their current location. App users can also browse for deals in their favorite regions or search for deals by date. Purchases are completed safely and securely within the app and all account activity in the app and via Liftopia.com is instantly synched for easy access on the go. Users can also access their entire purchase history via the app: instead of having to print and carry vouchers to the resort, skiers simply show their Liftopia receipt at the ticket window to get their pass.
“At Liftopia our goal is to help skiers and snowboarders spend more time on the mountain at the best prices and less time planning their trip,” said Evan Reece, CEO and co-founder of Liftopia. “The Liftopia App for iPhone and iPod touch puts all of the best ski and snowboard deals in the palm of your hand.”
With the Liftopia App skiers and snowboarders can:
- Easily search and compare nearby mountain deals, based on current location, via a list or map view. Safely book future lift ticket directly in the app
- Find deals at and information about ski areas around the world through the “Search” tab
- Get latest ski and snow conditions, weather reports as well as resort-specific details, including number of runs for each ability level, services and amenities, and photos
- Access location-based directions to get to the lifts as quickly as possible
- Store favorite resorts through the “Favorites” tab on the navigation bar to get regular updates, special offers and latest snow conditions at the ski areas frequented most
- Create and store Liftopia profile, order history, deals alerts and credit card information in one account accessible from Liftopia.com and the mobile app under the “My Stuff” tab.
Liftopia offers more than 75,000 deals at more than 150 ski areas, up to 80 percent off ticket window prices. Offers are updated regularly and current partners include Aspen/Snowmass, Park City, Mount Snow, Sun Valley, Squaw Valley/Alpine Meadows and much more.
The Liftopia Ski Reports, Snow Conditions and Ultimate Lift Ticket Deal Engine App is available for free on the App Store on the iPhone or iPod touch, or at www.itunes.com/appstore. More information on the app is available at http://www.liftopia.com/iphoneapp.
Liftopia plans to continue adding new features to its app for the iPhone and iPod touch and expects to introduce additional apps for other smartphones next year.