5 Tips for Deals on Ski and Snowboard Vacations From Liftopia.com
View Original Post
The temperatures are dropping and the snow is flying! Winter is here and thanks to "La Nina," there will be no shortage of the fluffy white stuff. To help snow sport enthusiasts and recessionistas capitalize on this once-a-decade weather wonder, the team at Liftopia.com has come up with five great tips to help people ski more for less.
1. Ski on off-peak days for the best lift ticket deals (this may require playing hooky) – Hit the slopes midweek since many resorts offer price breaks Monday through Friday. Also think about making some turns on Christmas Day, New Year's Day or Super Bowl Sunday since the slopes will be empty and you can often find promotional pricing online.
2. Try a new ski resort: embrace your inner tourist – If you're willing to be "resort agnostic" the savings possibilities are endless. Explore the smaller local mountains in addition to hitting the big resorts. You're sure to find hidden gems, as the smaller mountains are almost always cheaper, offer great service and have shorter lines than their larger counterparts.
3. Leave your skis or snowboard at home – Lugging your gear through the airport can be cumbersome, and checking bags gets more expensive each day. If you pack just your boots and rent the rest at the resort, you can save a bundle. Resorts now offer top quality equipment for rent and demo, so if you play your cards right you can save money, travel lighter and ski or snowboard on better gear.
4. Consider buying bundled products: get more for less – Many resorts offer great values on packages like lift tickets plus ski rentals, lift tickets plus lunch, and multi-day lift tickets. By purchasing these items together you can save big. Check Liftopia.com to find loads of resorts offering exclusive, unique bundled packages.
5. Book in advance: the early bird gets the worm...and fresh tracks – Just like booking airline tickets and hotel rooms, many ski resorts offer substantial savings if you are willing to buy your lift tickets online and in advance. For example, you can save up to 18% on your Vail lift tickets by booking through their website at least 7 days before your arrival. On Liftopia.com, if you're willing to buy a date-specific, non-refundable lift ticket you can save up to 80% at over 150 ski areas across North America.